Bell Gardens High School serves approxiamately 3,500 students on a yearly basis.
In partnership with parents, Bell Gardens High School prepares future citizens to be successful leaders and contributors to society.
Bell Gardens High School provides a rigorous educational environment that prepares all students for graduation on time, supports life-long learning experiences, and encourages civic engagement.
- We believe that all students and the school community have the right to a safe, caring and respectful learning environment.
- We believe that optimal learning occurs when it is authentic, interactive, student-centered and builds on an individual's strengths.
- We believe we learn from taking risks, making mistakes, and from our successes.
- We believe that all children can learn and that we are all learners, teachers and leaders
- We believe that our school community prospers when we work together to solve problems.
- We believe that diversity strengthens our school community and should be respected and protected.
- We believe that unity of purpose, shared responsibility, and accountability ensures student success.
Become a productive citizen in a global society
- Participate in student organizations and community service
- Register to vote and participate in ASB elections.
Graduate, go on to further education, and be a life-long learner
- Meet graduation requirements and score proficient on CST exams.
- Prioritize and meet deadlines.
Have respect for self and honor diversity
- Understand and demonstrate appropriate personal conduct.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to collaborate with others.
Strive for excellence in all realms of life
- Communicate effectively in reading, writing, speaking, listening and computing.
- Listen thoughtfully, respond critically, andwrite concisely with appropriate conventions of writing across the curriculum.